($16.50 - $19.38/hour) 12 -15 hours per week.
An opportunity to transform children and communities.
The Leaven, a fast-growing nonprofit organization headquartered in Fairfield, California is seeking a Program Support Assistant for the Vacaville site locations.
The Program Assistant will assist on a daily basis an after-school center for at-risk elementary-age students. The centers operate four days a week from 3:00-4:30PM or five days a week from 3:00-5:00PM with typical work hours from 2:00-5:00PM or 2:30 - 5:30PM. The Program Assistant must love children and have a desire to see them overcome obstacles and succeed in school, and he/she must also be committed to share the love of Christ through the ministry of service in the community.
- Assisting with the implementation of an educational program which meets the developmental needs of the whole child (i.e., spiritual, physical, intellectual, social and emotional)
- Ability to travel remotely to sites on a daily basis
- Developing a comfortable, trusting relationship with students
- Ensuring that the center is neat, orderly and properly maintained at all times
- Being an ambassador to represent The Leaven in the community
- In high school or diploma preferred- equivalent, experience in after-school programs, children’s ministry, etc.
- Knowledge of K-5 educational standards
- 1-2 yrs. experience working with elementary age students
- Involvement in mentoring or modeling lifestyle methods
- Active participation in an evangelical Christian church within the local community
How to Apply
Complete an application and send along with a resume. Apply Now >
The Leaven’s personnel team will review all applications and determine which candidates to invite for an interview. Final applicants will be invited to complete an internet- based assessment to measure the personality, behavior, and attitudes of the applicant to ensure probability of success in a specific position. A decision will be rendered as soon as possible.
Leaven Kids desires to have a balanced screening and hiring process. We appreciate you honoring our process and assure you we will honor your candidacy with the same due diligence we give to each applicant.
Leaven Kids is an Equal Opportunity Employer as applicable by law.