($18.63-$20.55/hour) 20-22 hours per week. Includes additional cell phone stipend.
An opportunity to transform children and communities.
Leaven Kids, a fast-growing nonprofit organization headquartered in Fairfield, California, is seeking a Site Director in the Sacramento community, for the following location: Kensington Apartments, 3644 Kings Way Sacramento, 95821
The Site Director will maintain and operate on a daily basis an after-school center for at-risk elementary-age students. The centers operate either four or five days a week between the hours of 3:00 p.m. and 5 p.m. The Site Director must love children and have a desire to see them overcome obstacles and succeed in school, and he/she must also be committed to share the love of Christ through the ministry of service in the community. The Site Director is expected to contribute to building community support through active participation in meetings, community events, and interacting with local government, community organizations and the faith community.
- Overseeing the planning and implementation of an educational program which meets the developmental needs of the whole child (i.e., spiritual, physical, intellectual, social and emotional)
- Actively seeking to help children through creative programming, cooperation with community partners, property owners, and interactive involvement.
- Coordinate and collaborate with team of volunteers
- Communicate with school officials for the benefit of the students
- Develop a comfortable, trusting relationship with student and their family
- Ensuring that the center is neat, orderly, and properly maintained at all times
- Assisting in fundraising as appropriate
- Be an active ambassador to represent Leaven Kids in the community
Desirable skills and experience include:
- Any combination of 2-4 years’ experience working in a non-profit, school based, or youth serving agency
- Recommended 48 units of college credits, or an AA degree or an undergraduate degree and experience.
- 2 years’ experience providing direct service to diverse youth.
- Proficiency in K-6 education
- Experience implementing, managing, and evaluating projects
- Ability to work effectively with diverse staff, parents, and community members.
- Experience in recruiting and mobilizing volunteers for community outreach
- Active participation in an evangelical Christian church within the local community
- Fluent in Apple, Google and web-based product technology
How to Apply
Complete an application and send along with a resume. Apply Now >
The Leaven’s personnel team will review all applications and determine which candidates to invite for an interview. Final applicants will be invited to complete an internet- based assessment to measure the personality, behavior, and attitudes of the applicant to ensure probability of success in a specific position. A decision will be rendered as soon as possible.
Leaven Kids desires to have a balanced screening and hiring process. We appreciate you honoring our process and assure you we will honor your candidacy with the same due diligence we give to each applicant.
Leaven Kids is an Equal Opportunity Employer as applicable by law.